Also, refered to as "Taktuka" in some part of Morocco and Algeria.
Kefta Tagine is simple recipe to make an authentic Moroccan Meatball tagine with tomatoes and eggs. Throughout North Africa, this dish is quickly made to be served for lunch, dinner, and even at breakfast table. This is an excellent, healthy dish to prepare your kids when they come home from school starving. We hope you enjoy! Bon Appetit!
• Chop 2 medium size onions
• Chop 4 Tomatoes
• Chop 1 Cup of fresh Cilantro
• Mince 2 Garlic Cloves
• In a large ball, Mix ½ onion, 1 cup cilantro, 1 tsp. of salt, 1 ½ Tbsp. Kefta Spice Blend and a ¼ cup of oil with the Ground Beef.
• Make small meat balls by hand as shown on video
• Place tagine on low heat.
• If using any type of stove top use heat diffuser (recommended for your Tagine)
• Pour ¼ cup of cooking oil into the tagine plate
• Gently bring temperature to Med
• Place the meatballs into the oil and sear them for a couple minutes
• Cover tagine and cook the meatballs for 7 - 9 min
• Scoop only the meatballs from the cooking Tagine
• Place garlic and the rest of the onions in the same cooking oil and caramelize it until soft.
• Add the tomatoes, some more Kefta Spice Blend (1/2 tsp), and salt to taste.
• Add ½ tsps. of tomato paste (optional)
• A pinch of Saffron threads (optional)
• Cover Tagine and cook for 4 to 5 min or until onions and tomatoes are completely soft and cooked.
• Bring the Meat balls back into the cooking Tagines (Sauce)
• Let the meat balls infuse with the sauce then add the 4 to 5 eggs.
• Do not mix the eggs into the sauce. Just let cook until desired firmness of the yoke.
• Serve hot with some Moroccan or Pita bread.
• Harissa as a side dish
My three Tagines, brazier, spices and Argan oil are all of high quality. The packaging, shipping, and service of all products was excellent. All the spices were fresh and flavorful. I am extremely ... read more