Also known as Orange Flower Water
Moroccan Orange Blossom Water is made from the distillation of the flowers of the orange. It originated in the Middle East and was brought to North Africa by the Arab traders.
Orange blossom water has a stronger flavor than rosewater and should be used sparingly so that the other flavors in the dish are not overwhelmed. Add a few drops to a mixed green salad or fruit, or use in lamb, chicken, or rice dishes made with almonds, apricots, figs, pears, or dates. Orange Blossom Water is used to flavor beverages as well.
Unique Uses for Orange Blossom Water:
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon to your water to create a refreshing mineral water. It will feel like the best refreshment you've had all day; especially when the temperatures are sweltering. Here at Zamouri Spices, we keep a pitcher in the refrigerator and sip on it all day long.
- Make a thirst quenching lemonade with 8 lemons, 1/2 Cup of Sugar, 2 TBSP of Orange Blossom Water, a large bunch of mint (no less than 4 sprigs), and 8 cups of water. Simply squeeze the lemons and mix with the sugar. In a separate container pour 2 cups of hot water over the mint to release the mint flavor. Seep for 3 minutes. Then add to the lemon-sugar mixture and add the remaining 6 cups of cool water. Lastly, add the orange blossom water and stir. Chill and serve.
- Honey and Orange Blossom Water mixed together create a heavenly combination. Just add a few drops and mix until you have a creamy consistency. Spread on toast, use as a marinade - or any other way you would normally eat honey. The combination of \honey enhances the floral facets of the Orange Blossom Water.
- Don't feel like cooking? Have a salad and make your own dressing with 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of Orange Blossom Water and Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spritz on your bed sheets at night to help you drift off to a restful, deep sleep. Orange Blossom Water was often used to scent the sheets of royalty and nobility. Be sure to test a small area of your sheets to make sure it won't stain.
- Use in your steam iron to give your clothing a fragrant, fresh aroma.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing Orange Blossom bath. Simply mix 2 to 3 cups of warm milk with 1/4 Cup of Orange Blossom Water. For an extra treat, add 3 Tablespoons of Orange Blossom Honey to the mixture.
- Natural Room Scent is as simple as a few drops of Orange Blossom Water in boiling water. Place in a bowl and leave in the your room of choice. As the water evaporates, it will fill the air with a calming and comforting fragrance.
Size and Price:
5 oz = $9.95
32 oz = $49.95